franzferdinand2 asked: What are things you know from sheer Canadian osmosis?
- Having both a “regular” and “Jesus Christ it’s HOW cold?” winter coat
- using the plastic Remembrance Day poppies as fake lips while I was in elementary school
- what the “not available in your country” page looks at every major video site
- “A Part Of Our Heritage” ads (bad acting about Fun Canadian Facts™ like basketball and Superman)
- did you know that Celebrity X is Canadian? Did you know that? Did you know that? Did you know that? Did you know th
- that the TV show “Beachcombers” sure existed, didn’t it
- the innate Canadian blood rage over the Avro Arrow
- “Hey, Mr. Canoe Head!” *crash*
- that we sure did name our one dollar coin the “loonie” after the loon on it
- that we sure did name our two dollar coin the “twoonie” because we don’t give a fuck about anythaaaaaaaang
- our equivalent of the Boy Scouts and the Girl Guides were the Brownies (ladies) and the Beavers (dudes) and that’s amazing??
- how a coin-operated skate sharpening machine works
- the fact that an ergonomic snow shovel is a thing that exists
- the weather forecast phrase “exposed flesh will freeze in less than a minute”
- bragging about 1812 when in a pissing match with Americans despite that a) that was the British, really, and b) bragging about war is a really shitty thing to do
- and of course, related: how to oscillate between smug self-righteousness towards America and crippling inferiority complex towards same with speed that would break a neck
I was honestly expecting more information about Bret “The Hitman” Hart on this list.